Sunday 11 November 2012

Post the First

This is a bit of a test post.

Having never bloggerised before, this is my very first blog post.  Which makes me a bit of a blirgin, I suppose.

Anyway...




By way of introductions, please meet my companion for the next 3 months: Swim-Swim, the Photobombing Penguin.


Swim-Swim





Swim-Swim found a home with us after I rescued him from the evil clutches of the souvenir shop at the American McMurdo Station the last time I was in Antarctica.

When not photobombing, Swim-Swim has full time employment protecting my daughter Xanthe from nightmares, lighthares, whitechairs, etc.   While he's away that job will be shared by an (excessive) assortment of other stuffed beasties.

So, I post this test post having received today the news that the Aurora Australis has finally left the ice.  Finally!  And if you're interested, here is the Aurora Australis webcam which should show you the relatively ice-free nature of the Aurora's surrounds.

I expect tomorrow to find out a concrete date upon which, with much fanfare and farewelling, Swim-Swim and I will embark on our adventure together.  Huzzah!

And, as we go, I will attempt to document every exciting episode of our adventures!  And probably a lot of not very exciting episodes to boot.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Jeff, looking forward to reading your adventures, just don't re-enact Leonardo on his faithfully journey from England to America B-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theo, I shall endeavour to make the writing as gripping and amusing as possible so as to make it worth your while. And there will be a fair old sprinkling of photos as well.

      And thanks for being the first to comment!

      Delete